Chicken Pot Pie is one of my favorite comfort foods. It’s the perfect dinner recipe for a rainy or cold night. It’s the perfect combo of creamy filling and flaky pie crust.
I use already made pie crust to make life easier too!
◾START BY SHREDDING/CHOPPING YOUR CHICKEN.
YOU WILL NEED 3 CUPS
◾IN A MEDIUM SAUCEPAN, MELT 5 TBSP BUTTER AND ADD 1 SMALL CHOPPED ONION. WHEN IT’S SOFT ADD 5 TBSP FLOUR, 1/2 Tsp. SALT, 1/2 tsp. PEPPER, & 1/4 tsp THYME STIR WELL.
◾slowly add 1 1/2 CUPS CHICKEN BROTH AND 2/3 CUP MILK. whisk until smooth. keep cooking and stirring until this thickens.
◾once the mixture is thick, add the shredded chicken and frozen veggies and stir together.
◾line a 9 inch pie plate with one of the crusts, spoon in your filling.
◾add the top crust. Pinch to seal crust and cut an x to vent. place on top of a small cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 400° oven for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
LET COOL FOR 10 MINUTES BEFORE SLICING(THE FILLING WILL RUN OUT IF IT’S TOO HOT!)
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 PACKAGE REFRIGERATED PIE CRUST
- 5 TBSP BUTTER
- 5 TBSP FLOUR
- 1 SMALL CHOPPED ONION
- 1 ½ CUPS CHICKEN BROTH
- ⅔ CUP MILK
- ½ TEASPOON SALT
- ½ TEASPOON PEPPER
- ¼ TEASPOON THYME
- 3 CUPS SHREDDED CHICKEN
- 2 CUPS FROZEN PEAS & CARROTS
- Preheat your oven to 400°. Take out pie crusts from fridge.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour, salt, pepper, & thyme. Stir until blended with the melted butter.
- Slowly add the chicken broth and milk. Whisk the mixture until smooth. Keep cooking and stirring until it thickens. (This will take a few minutes)
- Add shredded chicken and frozen vegetables. Stir to combine.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with one pie crust. Pour the filling in and top with the second crust.
- Pinch the edges of the pie crust together to seal and cut an X on the top for venting.
- Place pie plate on top of a small cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until the crust looks golden brown.
- Let cool off for 10 minutes before serving