My Version Of The Viral TikTok Pasta
Have you seen any of the TikTok videos of baked feta pasta?? My sons still cringe when I even mention that I’m on TikTok by the way…
I wanted to try my own take on it. I make a family favorite dinner that my boys starting calling “pasta Greek pasta” when they were little that has feta, tomatoes, and chicken that is made on the stovetop. Some day I’ll figure out the exact recipe…I kinda just put it together without measuring anything. So I thought that a baked feta pasta would be a hit with the troops here!!
This post includes affiliate links; you can read my disclosure policy here.
How To Make Baked Feta Pasta
What you will need:
- PASTA – Use a small shaped pasta for this dish.
- FETA – You will need an 8 oz. block of feta.
- CHERRY TOMATOES – 1.5 pounds of cherry tomatoes. I’m using a large container of the Sunset Wild Wonders brand which has a mix of tomatoes.
- OLIVE OIL – I’m using this one from Walmart. (I really like it!)
- GARLIC – 4 cloves of minced garlic
- SPICES – Ground pepper, oregeno, red pepper flakes
- BASIL – Fresh basil
- BABY SPINICH – I love to add more veggies into my meals!
- LEMON – Fresh lemon juice
Preheat your oven to 400°.
Using an 11×7 baking dish, I emptied my container of tomatoes into the bottom and poured in a 1/2 cup of olive oil.
I tossed the tomatoes in the oil.
Next, I added the minced fresh garlic, a pinch of red pepper flakes ( add more or less depending on how much heat you like), followed by a teaspoon of dried oregano, and about a teaspoon of fresh ground pepper. I stirred again to mix in the spices.
I did not add salt, the feta block I am using is in brine and was already a bit salty.
The block of feta was placed in the center of the casserole dish, I drizzles olive oil on the top and spread it with the back of a spoon.
Bake it at 400° for 40-45 minutes.
While the feta and tomatoes are baking, cook a 1 pound box of any small shaped pasta. I used medium shells.
Reserve a 1/2 cup of the pasta water before draining.
Shop My Kitchen Favorites
Oh, it smelled soooo cook while it was cooking!!
Take the cooked dish out of the oven. I used the back of a big kitchen spoon to press the tomatoes; then added the 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water and the juice from half a lemon. Stir the dish to combine.
Next up was 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil ( I used kitchen shears to cut it up) and also 2 cups of fresh baby spinach (next time I will add more!). Fold the basil and spinach into the feta/tomato mix. The heat from the hot dish will wilt them both.
The final step before digging in is to pour in your drained pasta and stir. Doesn’t it look sooo good????
Call the family… it’s time to eat!!!
Baked Feta Pasta
Have you seen the TikTok pasta dish that went viral?? Here's my fresh take on it!
- 1 pound box small shaped pasta
- 1 - 8 ounce block feta cheese
- 1.5 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregeno
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/2 cup fresh basil ; chopped.
- 2-3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a baking dish ( I used an 11x7 inch) add the cherry tomatoes and 1/2 cup of olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Add minced fresh garlic, dried oregeno, ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes; stir to combine.
- Drop block of feta in the center of the dish and drizzle top with olive oil. Spread over top with back of spoon.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Using the back of a big kitchen spoon; gently press down the tomatoes. Add the reserved pasta water and the juice of 1/2 a lemon. Stir to combine.
- Add the 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil ( I use kitchen shears to cut the basil) and 2-3 cups fresh baby spinach. Stir into the hot dish. The heat will wilt them.
- Add the cooked pasta and fold into the mixture.
I used the 1.5 pound container of the Sunset WIld Wonders tomatoes. It has a variety of cherry tomatoes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 403mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 9g
What a great take on the recipe! It looks and sounds so good!
Jennifer Howard says
It was good…and nobody complained!! There’s usually one in this crowd that doesn’t like something😂
I must try this! I”ve seen it on TikToc and it looks so good!
Jennifer Howard says
It was yummy!
Kim | Shiplap and Shells says
This looks so good Jennifer! I really need to try it. I’m going to share this in my weekly blog post tomorrow if that’s alright.
Jennifer Howard says
Of course, anytime and thanks!! It was easy and yummy…everyone ate it and didn’t complain!!