The one good thing about all of us staying at home during this time is my family is definitely benefiting from all my extra time I have to cook and bake. Thank goodness I have teenage boys that are human vacuums!
This is such a simple recipe but it is so delicious! I always have a box of cake mix and lemon pudding on hand so I can make it. Thank goodness it makes 2 loaves because the first one is usually gone within a few hours.
You will need the following:
Glazed Lemon Bread
FOR THE BREAD
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Box Lemon Instant Pudding Mix
- 4 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 6 Tbsp Lemon Juice
FOR THE GLAZE
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease 2 loaf pans
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Separate evenly into the 2 loaf pans.
- Bake for about 50 minutes.
- Let the bread cool before removing it from the pans.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients and pour over the cooled bread. I like to put the bread in the fridge to let the glaze harden up a bit before I slice it.
I like to use stoneware loaf pans for this recipe and leave the bread in the pans after it cooks; when you pour the glaze over the bread it makes a nice thick layer on top…so yummy!!