This is my son Lucas’ absolute favorite thing that I bake. When he was younger I would make a pan to be ready for when the kids all got off the bus after school. As soon as he opened the door he knew by the smell wafting through the house that there was a fresh pan of Blondies waiting for him and his pals.
I have so many good memories of him and his friends gathered around our kitchen island eating and laughing about things that had happened during their school day. Lucas is 16 now but he still loves when I make him Blondies.
What I love about them is that they taste just like a chocolate chip cookie without all the work of scooping balls of dough and using multiple cookie sheets… you only need one pan so less cleanup for me!!
They are also so easy to make…
- 1 1/2 sticks melted butter (cooled)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Nestle Triple Chip Morsels ( or any combo of milk, semi, white, or peanut butter chips)
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350° AND GREASE 13x9 INCH PAN