This is one of my family’s favorite dinner recipes…I love it because it’s so easy to throw together!
This is the perfect meal for a busy day when you don’t want to to be stuck in the kitchen cooking! Instant Pot Dr. Pepper pulled pork is so easy and delicious.
Start by slicing 2 onions into rings and spread along the bottom of the Instant Pot.
I used a 5 lb. pork butt and rubbed the outside with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Next, pour 12 oz. of Dr. Pepper (one can) into the Instant Pot. You could substitute Coca Cola or Root Beet as well…but it has to be regular soda and not diet.
Set your Instant Pot on the Meat/Stew setting (or 90 min on high pressure). Let the pressure naturally release when it’s finished cooking.
I moved the pork butt into a big glass bowl and drained all but about 1 cup of the juices from the Instant Pot.
Next, using a fork shred the pork and remove any fat pieces. The meat is so tender it falls apart!
After the meat is all shredded, add it back into the Instant Pot.
Turn the Instant Pot on the sauté setting and mix in about 2 cups of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce into the pork; stir until it’s warmed through and shut off the Instant Pot.
We love to add Cole slaw on top of our Dr. Pepper pulled pork sandwiches.
They are delicious served on a big Hawaiian roll too! love the Sara Lee or Pepperidge Farms brand rolls for pulled pork sandwiches. You need a hearty roll because they get a little messy…but so worth it!
- Pork Butt (5-6 lb)
- 2 Onions (sliced)
- Dr. Pepper (12 0z)
- Garlic Powder
- BBQ Sauce (2 cups)
- Slice 2 onions and place on bottom of Instant Pot
- Rub the garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper on the outside of the pork butt.
- Add the pork butt to the Instant Pot on top of the sliced onions.
- Pour in the Dr. Pepper
- Lock the lid, close the valve and press the Meat/ Stew button. (or set manually to 90 min on pressure cook).
- Let the pressure naturally release.
- Remove the pork butt to a large bowl and drain all but 1 cup of the juices from the Instant Pot.
- Shred the pork, removing any fat, and return it to the Instant Pot.
- Turn pot to sauté setting and add 2 cups of BBQ sauce. Stir until heated through. Shut off Intant Pot.
- Serve with Cole slaw, I suggest using Hawaiian sandwich rolls.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g