Oh, you will love this mint chocolate bark recipe! It’s one of those that you can’t stop eating…you know the one that every time you walk by the container on the kitchen counter you grab just a little piece…
1.Prep The Sheet Pan
Start by lining a large sheet pan with foil. For this recipe I am using a baker’s half-sheet sized pan. Coat the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
Fill the sheet pan with chocolate graham crackers. I used 16. To fill in the gap on the side of the sheet pan I broke up a cracker into pieces to fit the spaces.
2. Heat Butter + Sugar
In a medium saucepan, heat 1 stick of butter (8 tablespoons) and 1 cup of white sugar. Stir until melted.
3. Pour Over Crackers
Spread over crackers while it is hot.
Bake at 350° for 10 minutes until it is slightly golden and bubbly. Keep an eye on it, it can burn easily.
4. Add Chips
When the pan comes out of the oven, sprinkle white and chocolate chips over the top. I used a bag of the Nestle Triple Chips which is a combo of white, dark, and milk chocolates.
The Nestle bags are only 10 oz now ( I hate how things are being downsized..it messes with your recipes!!) so I tossed on an extra handful of chocolate chips for a total of around 12 oz. of chips.
Wait a few minutes for the chips to soften from the heat of the hot pan. To speed this up I popped the tray back into the still warm oven for a minute.
Spread the softened chips with an offset spatula or butter knife. Doesn’t it look yummy!!
6. Mint Pieces
Sprinkle Andes mint pieces over the entire tray of bark…can’t make mint chocolate bark without the mints!!
I went over the mint pieces with the spatula to press them down lightly into the chocolate.
Chill the bark in the fridge ( or freezer if you are in a hurry!) until the bark is set and hard.
7. Break It Up
Break up the bark into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Mint chocolate bark is so flavorful, yet not as heavy as a cookie or brownie.
It’s great to bring to potlucks or parties because it’s so easy to package up and transport too.
- 8 tablespoons butter ( 1 stick)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 16 chocolate graham crackers
- 12 ounce mix of white & chocolate chips
- 1 bag Andes mint pieces
- Line large sheet pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. I use a half-sheet pan.
- Fill the pan with a layer of chocolate graham crackers.
- Heat 1 stick butter and 1 cup sugar in medium saucepan until combined and hot and bubbly.
- Pour mixture over crackers and spread over entire surface.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 350° oven until slightly golden and bubbly.
- Pour chocolate chips over entire pan. Wait a few minutes for the chips to soften from the heat then spread using an offset spatula or butter knife.
- Sprinkle the Andes mint pieces over the tray. Using the spatula press the mint pieces slightly down into the melted chocolate mixture.
- Chill in the fridge or freezer until set and chocolate is hard..
- Break up the bark into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
I use Honeymaid chocolate graham crackers and Nestlé Triple Chip chips (white, dark, milk chocolate).
Nordic Ware Baker's Half Sheet Pans what I used.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 25 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 1g