Do you love the entire Pottery Barn vibe? I certainly do…but ouch, it can be pricey! I’m here to show you that you can get that Pottery Barn look for less. (soooo much less!!)
Pottery Barn Decorating Ideas On A Budget
My last Pottery Barn decorating ideas on a budget post was such a big hit with my readers…even after more than a year it’s one of my most visited posts. It’s about time I did a fresh one for you all!!
Pottery Barn sent me their new Spring look book yesterday and I couldn’t get enough of all the fresh and cozy styles!! I’m going to take a few room ideas from Pottery Barn and show you how you can recreate the look on a way smaller budget.
This post contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure policy here.
Since it’s winter around here, you are probably spending more time chillaxin’ and watching Netflix (have you watched “The Queen’s Gambit” yet…so good!!) I recreated a neutral and beautiful look for you.
Pottery Barn Look
- Malcolm Media Cabinet $1,500
- Madalyn Round Wall Mirror– $319
- Terra Cotta Vase – $129
- Dogwood Branch– $34
- Viburnum Stem – $29
- Chunky Throw – $149
- Seagrass Basket – $129
- Henri Wool Rug – $1,099
- GRAND TOTAL – $3,388
Look For Less
- Solid Wood TV Stand (WAYFAIR) – $374
- Studio McGee Round Mirror (TARGET) – $80
- Ceramic Ribbed Vase (TARGET) – $30
- Dogwood Stem (TARGET) – $6
- Faux Sedum Stem (TARGET)– $4
- Chunky Blanket (TARGET)– $59
- Baskets, Set of 2 (WALMART)– $41
- Victoria Rug 7×10 (RUGS USA) – $199
- GRAND TOTAL – $793
Well, what do you think? That’s almost a $2,600 difference…WHAT!! The media cabinet I chose from Wayfair has great reviews and is solid wood. (Do you always read all the reviews too? I love when people post real life pics of the products too…I find it super helpful!).
Now, if you compare the two blankets you will swear they were made at the same place because the yarn looks identical but the Look For Less is actually a full sized blanket instead of a throw size like the Pottery Barn one. I’m ordering the Target blanket today for the end of my bed. I decided this at 3am when my husband rolled over and took all the blankets with him…I need my own backup blanket so I don’t freeze to death!!
Rugs USA is my favorite go to website for rugs. They have amazing sales and send out discount codes often. Right now the Victoria rug is $199 so the price may go up again. The Pottery Barn rug is gorgeous and wool but I think the Rugs USA one has a pretty similar vibe.
I’ve seen bleached/ light wood everywhere for 2021! The neutral decor look is one of the trends that is definitely sticking around for awhile.
My Pottery Barn look board are items from the new Cayman Melange Bedroom.
- Cayman Platform Bed – $999
- Melange Quilt & Shams – $299
- Linen Black Out Panel– $129
- Upholstered Swivel Chair– $549
- Zoe Table Lamp – $199
- Cayman Night Stand– $399
- GRAND TOTAL – $2574
shop the look
Look For Less
- Classic Wood Platform Bed (WALMART) – $169
- Textured Quilt (TARGET) – $69.99
- Linen Blackout Panels (set of 2) – $45.99
- Fabric Swivel Chair (WALMART) – $172
- Faux Marble Lamp (TARGET) – $62.99
- Oslo Modern Nightstand (WALMART) – $160
- GRAND TOTAL – $679.97
shop the look
that’s a difference of $1,894.03!!
Well, that one was fun to find Pottery Barn knock-offs for your bedroom. It just takes a little bit of time to do the legwork.
Not only do I try and bring you a similar piece, I go on and read the reviews and check out the pictures people post to make sure it’s a quality item.
My favorite Pottery Barn dupe in this set may be the bed…I mean, you can get the same vibe and still have over $800 left over! In fact you could buy the entire Look For Less bedroom and it’s still less expensive than the Pottery Barn bed!! (The Pottery Barn bed is gorgeous though!!)
Having fun with these?? I am, so let’s do another one!!
Pottery Barn Dining Room
- Fenton Leather Chair – $399
- Reed Dining Table – $799
- Striped Table Runner – $69
- Nicolette Rug 8×10 – $1,399
- Maisie Glass Globe Chandelier – $799
- Reed Dining Bench – $499
- Imagined Landscape – $299
- Recycled Glass Vase – $69
- GRAND TOTAL – $4332
shop the look
Pottery Barn Knock- Off Dining Room
- Woven Dining Chair (TARGET) – $140
- Bryant Dining Table (WALMART) – $299
- Fringed Table Runner (TARGET) – $27
- Gold Florid Dreams Rug(RUGS USA) – $203
- Glass Globe Light Fixture(AMAZON) – $129
- Bryant Bench (WALMART) – $99
- Garden Wall Canvas (TARGET) – $53
- Clear Glass Vase (TARGET)- $20
- GRAND TOTAL – $970
shop the look
The difference in the two bedrooms is a whopping $3,362!!! Yikes! I could decorate an entire house with that budget…
I have the bench from Walmart and it’s a sturdy wood and looks much more expensive than the $99 price tag. The dining table looks just as solid.
The rug in the Look For Less dining room comes in a few different colors and they are all beautiful. I added it to my running list of items for future projects.
We all want to have a beautiful place to call home; it just doesn’t have to cost a fortune!!
So next time you are flipping through an expensive store catalog and feeling like you could never afford to have a room that looks like that…don’t be discouraged. you can seriously find a dupe for every product out there!!
Let me know if you ever need help finding a knock-off of something…I’m pretty good at scouting them out!! (you can always email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions).