Do you love the look of dried wheat? Me too! I love the natural color…I think it’s so pretty. I was trying to think of an interesting way to use it in my Fall decorating and came up with this dried wheat centerpiece. Let me show you how I made it!
How to Make a Dried Wheat Centerpiece
I love projects that you don’t need a zillion supplies!! For this, all I used was a bunch of dried wheat and 2 foam floral blocks.
This post may include affiliate links; you can read my disclosure policy here.
Using a glue gun ( I had it on the lower heat setting of 150watts) I glued the two floral foam blocks together. When you are using a hot glue gun on any foam material don’t let the metal tip of the glue gun touch the foam or it will melt it.
Glue Floral Foam Together
Starting right on the edge of the floral foam, I started gluing the wheat stalks to the foam.
Make sure the bottom of the wheat is as close to the bottom of the foam so it will stand up…If it’s uneven it’s going to be wonky.
But it’s super important to make sure the stalks of the wheat are touching each other…you don’t want any of the green foam peeking through!
It only took a few minutes to glue the long side of the floral foam!
All I did was continue to glue the wheat on all 4 sides of the floral foam.
The final step is to add a ribbon around the wheat. This ribbon is from this year’s Walmart Fall section,
Where I placed the ribbon hides the top of floral foam in the middle of the wheat from view.
First I wrapped a piece around the body of the wheat and glued it snuggly in place.
Then I added a second length of the ribbon and tied a common knot on the front.
After trimming the ends, I glued them flat against the sides for a tailored look.
DIY Dried Wheat Fall Decoration
a few other fall ideas…
Thrifty Style Team
Today is our monthly Thrifty Style Team blog hop hosted by Julie at Redhead Can Decorate! Check out the other Fall ideas my friends have come up for you this month!!
- Redhead Can Decorate – 3 Thrifty Fall Planter Cover Ideas
- Our Crafty Mom – Dollar Store Pumpkin Makeover With Velvet
- DIY Beautify – Easy Crochet Chain Sweater Pumpkins
- 2 Bees In A Pod – Fall Living Room with Thrifted Decor
- The How To Home – Vintage Bean Pot Vase filled with a Sunflower Bouquet
- Vinyet Etc. – Fall Cloche with Thrifted Finds
- Sweet Pea – Dollar Tree Tumbling Tower Block Pumpkins
- What Meegan Makes – How To Make a Faux Pumpkin Centerpiece
- Postcards From The Ridge – Decorating Ideas That Will Make Your Wallet Happy
- Lora B. Create & Ponder – DIY Plaid Flannel Coasters
- The Tattered Pew – How To Quickly Get The Look of Aged Copper
- I Should Be Mopping The Floor –White and Blue Fall Decor in the Kitchen
- Chas’ Crazy Creations – Fall Nature Decorating An Easy How To Guide