I’m taking part in a fun challenge with some of my blogging friends to build a footed tray and style it for the holidays. We are all sharing our projects today and there are so many awesome ideas!
Making A Christmas Tray
Winter snuck up on us in New Hampshire the other day. We had a little snowstorm even before Halloween!!! All of a sudden, it’s time for the fuzzy sweaters, scarves, and warming up with a big mug of hot cocoa.
It also got me thinking about how I want to decorate my coffee/ cocoa bar for the holidays this year. This was a perfect spot to use a footed tray.
When I was picking up wood for another project, I saw this precut unfinished wood plaque at Lowe’s and thought it would make an interesting top for my tray. It’s sturdy and a perfect size.
I found an unfinished wood pedestal at Michael’s to use for the base.
Building The Tray
I flipped over the tray and measured to find the center. Using wood glue I secured the pedestal to the top and let it dry overnight.
Then it was time to get painting. I went with a traditional Christmas green.
The tray took two coats of the green paint to get a nice even finish.
Don’t worry…it’s not going to stay that bright!!
Have you ever tried using a colored paint glaze on a project? It’s a cool technique that can totally transform the look of your piece…and it’s so simple to do!
I’m making a black glaze so I also needed black acrylic paint.
To make the glaze I added a small amount of the black paint to the glaze, then stirred it well to combine it.
Then I brushed the glaze over the entire tray, just like you were painting it. It will dry darker and matte.
Now for the fun part…decorating it!!
All ready for some yummy cocoa…
Hot cocoa, anyone???
Thanks for stopping by, here are the other tray projects from my blogging friends that you have to check out!!
Blogger DIY Tray Challenge
- Wood Pedestal Tray For A Farmhouse Christmas– CHALKING UP SUCCESS
- How To Make A Footed Tray– COTTAGE IN THE MITTEN
- How To Create A Sentimental Footed Tray– FEET UNDER MY TABLE
- Quick And Easy Way To Make A Footed Tray– FROM FARMHOUSE TO FLORIDA
- DIY Unique Footed Tray For Holiday Decor And Entertaining– JDUB BY DESIGN
- DIY Wood Footed Tray– MODERN ON MONTICELLO
- How To Make A Tray The Super Easy Way– MRS. COLEMAN
- Easy To Make DIY Farmhouse Table Riser– THE PONDS FARMHOUSE
- How To Make A Table Riser– SHOP AT BLU
- How To Use Scrap Wood To Create A Pedestal Tray– SONYA BURGESS
- How To Make An Easy Footed Tray– Faith And Farmhouse